Karel J. Robot Premier Edition Change History
Started October 3, 2003
July 30, 2005: New versions of the simulator and the editing system were posted. They correct a drawing error.
May 31, 2005: The Karel Universe Editing System was uploaded.
March 16, 2005: There is a new version of the Karel J Robot Simulator.
March 2, 2005: A Simulator User's Guide was added to the Simulator page.
February 13, 2005: A complete set of world files can be found on the simulator page (with the world builder info). A complete set of robot class files can be found on the KJR front page. An idea for a programmers journal can be found on the front page also. (Near teaching notes.)
June 29, 2004
- Created a new remote controller that will let you create a remote control for any class, not just UrRobot. AutoRemote.Java.
November 2, 2003
- New assertions were added to KJRTest.java. You can now test the state of
- You can now treat the world as an object. Use World.asObject() to retrieve
an object representing the world.
- Robots that execute an error shutoff are now drawn with an X accross them
to indicate this state.
November 1, 2003
- Remote Control was added to the New Features page
- A complete strategy/decorator framework was added to the New
Features page. See "Beyond Chapter 4."
October 12, 2003
October 7, 2003
- No changes to the simulator, but added links to Dan Eliot's Calculate
October 6, 2003
- Added the ability to set the background color of the world with World.setWorldColor(Color color).
See the Java Docs. Note that the colors you can now set such as
this one as well as walls, etc. are not saved in the world files. They
are just a feature of the current run. The world file definition is
October 4, 2003
- Added cursors to the world builder (and mini builder) that better
represent the main functions (dropping horizontal and vertical walls
and dropping beepers). These won't work on all systems since not all
support custom cursors.
October 3, 2003
- Fixed the drawing of walls. They no longer have occasional small
gaps at the corners.
- Fixed the world builder (and mini builder) so that they update
correctly when you change the number of streets or avenues.
- Fixed the world builder (and mini builder) so that you can no
longer drop walls and beepers outside the visible portion of the world.