Technical Support for Allaire Products
We offer a variety of support services and programs to help you find the information you need, when you need it.
Electronically, you can obtain valuable technical information through our web-based support services including our Installation Support System, Knowledge Base, and our Support Forums. All of our electronic support services are offered free of charge.
Telephone support services are available toll-free within the US and Canada from Monday through Friday between the hours of 8AM and 8PM US Eastern Time.
To help you to locate the technical information you need as quickly and easily as possible, we suggest the following path:
- If your technical issue is related to product installation,
you are entitled to free web-based installation support through
Support System. To determine if your technical issue is
considered to be installation-related, review the
Product Installation Definitions.
- If you need information about site security, visit our
The Allaire Security Zone is a web-based service designed to address
concerns and issues relative to site security. The Security Zone contains
Allaire Security Bulletins (ASB) and technical briefs that offer important
Subscribe to the Security Zone's Notification Service now to automatically
receive important security information that can help you to reduce the risk
to your site.
- Refer to our
Technical Support Frequently Asked Questions article for answers
to commonly asked questions for all of our products.
- Search our
Knowledge Base for articles specific to your technical issue.
Our Knowledge Base contains hundreds of articles on a wide range of technical topics
for all Allaire products. For help on searching our Knowledge Base, refer to
How to search the Knowledge Base.
- Search our ColdFusion
Support Forum, HomeSite
Support Forum, and JRun
Support Forumfor developer discussions relevant to your technical issue.
Our Support Forums contain thousands of threaded discussions on a wide
range of topics for all Allaire products.
- Additional technical information is available in our Developer Centers.
Go to our
ColdFusion Developer Center,
Developer Center, and
Developer Center for access to product documentation,
discussion groups, technical reference libraries, and more!
- Still need help?
Determine the type of interactive support best-suited to meet your
need based on the following information:
- Post a message to the ColdFusion
Support Forum, HomeSite
Support Forum, or JRun
Our Support Forums is a free service intended to facilitate collaboration
within the Allaire developer community. Response and issue resolution is
not guaranteed. Do not use this service if you consider your issue to
be urgent, requiring immediate attention.
Use our Support Forums to:
- obtain technical support on our HomeSite product (telephone
support is not available for HomeSite)
- collaborate with other web developers on a non-urgent
technical issue for any Allaire product
- report a suspected bug of a non-urgent nature for any Allaire
- submit a product enhancement suggestion for any Allaire
- Call Allaire for Telephone Support
Our Telephone Support service is a fee-based service unless otherwise
specified below. Telephone support is not available for HomeSite.
Use our Telephone Support to:
- Obtain immediate support for an emergency (production server
down) technical issue
- Obtain free support during your 30-day evaluation period.
Limit: 2 evaluation support incidents per customer.
- Purchase a support incident to obtain technical assistance as
- obtain technical assistance through one of your pre-purchased
support incidents (support ID required)
- obtain technical assistance through your annual support plan
(support ID required - you must be identified as a valid contact
for the support plan)
- report a suspected bug (if your issue is confirmed as a bug in
an Allaire product, no charge will be applied for the service)
- contact technical support relative to a previously-reported
telephone support incident (please have the incident ID available,
Refer to the Allaire Telephone Support page of our website for information on contacting Allaire for telephone support, support programs, and pricing.