VoiceXML Absentee System Instructions
To register for the application:
Click on VoiceXML Applications,
then on the link Web-abs, and then on the link Sign up!
Select a 4-digit userID and a 4-digit password,
and complete the student information and CourseID (for example, CS616).
To record your absence by phone:
- Call 1-800-555-8965, and enter the
Developer ID: 76901 and PIN: 9866
(digit strings should be spoken in single digits, e.g., "nine eight six six")
- When prompted, say your 4-digit userID and then your 4-digit Password
(obtained when you registered for the application).
- When prompted, enter the CourseID, for example "CS616"
(say it like "CS six one six")
- When prompted, say the month and day of absence: e.g., February twenty six.
- Hang up when you hear "Your absence has been recorded"
To record your absence directly on the Web:
Login to the VoiceXML Application Web interface as you did when you registered,
only this time record your absence.
You can also view your absences.