For sufficiently large classes this is an often repeated project
that has the purpose of ensuring standardization and quality of our project systems.
This project is ideal for those interested in or having expertise in QA,
system testing, and system maintenance.
This semester's project will have a greater emphasis on testing and evaluation.
The team will perform the following tasks to review and evaluate this semester's projects:
Because we have three projects dealing with the keystroke biometric system this semester,
it is important that this team carefully monitor the progress of these projects
to ensure that the work is properly coordinated and integrated.
- Read/review the project descriptions, team websites, technical reports, etc.
- Test each system by creating additional data and running it through the system. If necessary, obtain help from the student teams that created the systems.
- Evaluate the quality, robustness, etc. of each system
- Contact each team to obtain the following information (probably best to use a survey, e.g. Survey Monkey):
How often they interacted with their customer, what went well, what did not go well,
recommendations to improve all aspects of the project process, etc.
- Write a technical report that summarizes your results. It should briefly summarize the projects,
sort of like the Security-Related Research/Projects paper,
but also include material related to the testing and evaluation of each system,
and general material related to the project development process.
Papers describing the QA projects for previous years can be found at