Seidenberg Student-Faculty Research Day provides students and faculty
with the opportunity to present their research.
This year's conference is dedicated to the work of Frank Rosenblatt, the "Father of Deep Learning."
Frank Rosenblatt was an American psychologist notable in the field of artificial intelligence for the invention of a class of neural networks called perceptrons.
He is often considered the "Father of Deep Learning"
because his development of perceptrons has evolved into deep learning networks,
such as the highly-successful, supervised deep feedforward multilayer perceptrons
that have been winning most of the image classification contests in recent years.
Conference Chair: Dr. Charles Tappert, Professor Computer Science, and Director,
DPS in Computing Program
- 8:45-9:00 Arrival/Light Breakfast, Gottesman Room, Kessel Student Center, Pleasantville
- 9:00-9:05 Welcome by Dr. Jonathan Hill, Dean, Seidenberg School of CSIS
- 9:05-9:30 "Father of Deep Learning" Frank Rosenblatt and Research Day Statistics, Dr. Charles Tappert
- 9:30-10:45 Paper Session 1
- 10:45-11:00 Short Break
- 11:00-12:30 Paper Session 2
- 12:30-1:30 Lunch
- 1:30-3:00 Paper Session 3
- 3:00-3:15 Short Break
- 3:15-4:45 Paper Session 4
- 4:45 Closing Remarks, Dr. Charles Tappert, Professor Computer Science
Program Chair: Andreea Cotoranu, Director of Assessment
Arrangements Chair: Ms. Barbara Woodworth, Program Coordinator, Doctoral programs, send questions to Ms. Barbara Woodworth
Conference Website: http://csis.pace.edu/~ctappert/srd2017/