- Research topics should be abstractions of real world challenges. This is determined by the engineering nature of computer science.
- Research topics should be above the industry technologies. University researchers are at a better position to evaluate industry technologies fairly against uniform models and benchmarks. The university researchers have the responsibility to distill technology essence from industry practices, study fundamental problems inherent to applications, and provide insights and guidelines to the industry development.
- Student training is an important component of university research.
My research interest is more software system oriented. It includes, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Internet Computing
- XML and Web services
- Scalability of Application Servers and Application-Service-Provider Servers
- Distributed Component Technologies and Software Architectures
- Distributed and Parallel Computing
- Combinatorial Optimization
- Functional Simulation Technologies
Research Information for DPS Students
Recent Contributions Selected Publications Research Grants
Home Education Professional Experience Research Teaching Dissertation Supervision Selected Links
Copyright ©2001 Lixin Tao