Highlights at Pace University
Listed below are selected highlights of my years with Pace
- Served as faculty member for the Doctor of Professional
Studies in Computer Studies for Education Professionals
- Served as CSIS Faculty Council Vice-Chair (1998-2000).
- Served as Co-chair of the Middle States Self-Study Steering
- Served as Assistant Chairperson of Information Systems
Department -- New York (1982-86) & Westchester (1996-2000).
- Served as Coordinator of Master of Science Program in
Information Systems, one of the first such programs in the
country (1986-88), and again in Westcheser (1996-2000).
- Served as Scholar-in-Residence at the Westchester Education
- Served as Chairperson of the Information Systems Curriculum
Committee (1989). This intercampus committee is responsible
for reviewing and updating, where needed, the undergraduate and
graduate information systems curricula and CSIS programs.
- Designed and prepared proficiency examinations to provide
students an opportunity to be waived from taking entry level
computer applications course (BUS041).
- Served on Freshman Computer Studied Task Force. The Task Force
had primary responsibility for designing and preparing
materials for a two semester course sequence (CIS107-CIS108)
for entering computer studies students.
- Co-authored proposal for the Information Systems Faculty-In-
Residence Program. This program places CSIS faculty members
into companies or other organizations outside of Pace to
conduct short term projects mutually agreed upon by the company
and faculty member.
- Served as faculty advisor for the Information Systems Society
of Lubin Graduate School of Business.
- Organized and coordinated hosting of an Interface Computer
Currency Seminar for computer educators held at Pace-New York
(1984), and Pace-Westchester (1986).